Elections and voting
Elections and voting related questions
- Am I registered to vote?
- Voting - I have not had my poll card for this election
- I have had a poll card, but I usually vote by post
- I don't want to vote why have I been sent a poll card?
- When will my postal vote arrive?
- Can postal ballot papers be sent overseas?
- I am unable to sign either the Postal Vote Application Form or Postal Vote Statement.
- When does the completed postal ballot paper have to be received back by?
- What happens if my postal vote gets lost, is not received or is spoilt?
- Can someone else vote on my behalf (proxy voting)?
- I have just had a hospital appointment / or I have had a recent illness that means I cannot vote in person. It is too late to apply to vote by post or by proxy ?
- What if we have recently moved or are moving soon, or if some of the people on the form are living/moving away from home?
- I vote by proxy and my nominated proxy has registered as a postal proxy (to vote on my behalf by post). Will you be writing to both of us to ask for fresh signatures?
- How can I stand as a candidate?
- What if I applied to register ages ago but I'm still not on the register?
- What are the full and open registers?
- What is the deadline for applying for a postal vote for the forthcoming election?
- What is the deadline for applying for a proxy vote in the forthcoming election?
Do you have a question?
If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.Ask us a question