What happens if my postal vote gets lost, is not received or is spoilt?

It may be possible to issue a replacement. 

We will need proof of identity before we can issue a replacement, and you will need to apply in person and bring photographic ID with you.

If your ballot paper has been spoilt you will also need to return all of the papers, including the envelopes, in person to the Returning Officer.

We should have no reasonable doubt as to whether it has been lost or not delivered. 

Replacement papers cannot be issued to another person on your behalf. 

Replacement papers can only be issued up to 5pm on polling day.

It is recommended that you make an appointment to avoid delays.  Please contact Electoral Services on 01604 837111 to make an appointment.