- Area name
- East Northampton NN1
- Distance from town centre:
On foot - 32 minutes By bus - 2 minutes
By car - 7 minutes By bike - 15 minutes
- Abington Vale Primary School
- Bridgewater Primary School
- Barry Primary School (with nursery unit and designated special provision)
- Northampton Academy
- Northampton School for Boys (secondary)
- Stimpson Avenue Primary School (with Nursery Unit)
- Vernon terrace Primary School (with nursery unit and designated special provision)
- Weston Favell C of E Primary School
Click here to search all schools in the Abington area
- Children's centres
Abington Children’s Centre, located at Abington Library, provides activities and support for parents and parents- to-be with children aged 0-5 years.
- Health & medical
There are GP and Dentist surgeries within Abington. Click here for more information on healthcare in the area.
Find the opening hours, contact details and facilities at Abington Library
Wellingborough Road is a bustling cosmopolitan hub of shops, pubs, restaurants and specialist food stores. Locally there are several supermarkets and two banks.
- Parks and open spaces
Abington Park is a large, pleasantly landscaped park containing 2 lakes, a garden for the blind, a café, fitness trail and play area. Events are held in the Park over the Summer months, when sports facilities for tennis, football, bowls and cricket are also available (May to September).
- Places of worship
Places of worship are accessible for a wide range of faiths, including Abington URC, Northampton Central Mosque and Park Avenue Methodist Church. Many other places of worship can be reached by good transport links.