#NorthantsTogether to tackle Coronavirus

Northampton residents urged to take action as local cases rise above national rate. Plus find out how to book a test and see testing locations in Northamptonshire Latest Coronavirus updates

Complaint Against a Councillor

Page 1 of 6 . You are 17% complete.

Complaint Against a Councillor - Guidance

The information provided on this form will be used to process your complaint.

We collect your personal data in order to progress your complaint, provide you with a response and contact you if required for further information. We will not use your personal information (your name, email, address or telephone number) for any other purposes.

The information regarding this complaint will be held electronically on a computer database and a hard copy held safely in a secure environment. It may be shared with other department(s) within Northampton Borough Council and also with other bodies and persons where it is relevant and necessary to progress your complaint. Your personal data will not be passed onto any other third party without your permission. It should be noted that the Councillor who is the subject of your complaint may share your information with a third party if they wish to seek further advice on how to respond to your complaint.

The information you provide on this form will be retained electronically for six years from closure of your complaint, after which period it will be deleted. All paper copies will be securely destroyed after your complaint is closed.

If at any point you believe the information we hold on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the Council?s Data Protection Officer to have the matter investigated. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner?s Office.

All Councillors have to comply with a Code of Coduct. The Code sets out rules about how Councillors should behave towards the public and also requires them to disclose any personal interests they have.

If you think a Councillor has broken the Code, you can make a complaint to the Council by completing this form

Before filling in this form please read the guidance notes

Please tick the box to confirm you have read the guidance notes Required