#NorthantsTogether to tackle Coronavirus

Northampton residents urged to take action as local cases rise above national rate. Plus find out how to book a test and see testing locations in Northamptonshire Latest Coronavirus updates

Notification of Cooling Towers

Notify us about cooling towers

This information complies with the new EU Services Directive that came into effect on 28 December 2009. This new directive aims to make it easier for businesses to set up or offer their services anywhere in the EU and apply and pay on-line for a licence. The directive covers a wide variety businesses including accountants, builders, food services, and leisure services.

Other services such as education, health, transport, planning, gambling, Eugo logo

You can download an application form and return it to Regulatory Services, Northampton Borough Council, The Guildhall, Northampton, NN1 1DE.  

Licence summary If you control non-domestic premises you must ensure that you notify Northampton Borough Council of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser (notifiable devices) on the premises. Notification must be in writing (including by electronic means) on a form approved by the Health & Safety Executive.

You must notify Northampton Borough Council of any changes to the notification information within one month of the change, in writing. If the device ceases to be a notifiable device you must notify Northampton Borough Council in writing as soon as possible.
Eligibility criteria No provision in legislation
Regulation summary A summary of the regulation relating to this licence
Application evaluation process No provision in legislation
Will tacit consent apply? Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from Northampton Borough Council by the end of the target completion period. An application period of 7 calendar days is required.
Apply online Notify us of any cooling towers or evaporative condensers on your premises

Tell us about a change to any existing cooling towers or evaporative condensers on your premises
Failed application redress Please contact Northampton Borough Council in the first instance.
Licence holder redress Please contact Northampton Borough Council in the first instance.
Consumer complaint We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, and if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice Bureau can give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.
Other redress E.g. about noise, pollution, etc. Also if one licence holder complains about another.
Trade associations None