Copyright laws for publishing and mapping provision

What can I do with mapping?

As a local authority we are allowed to hold mapping of various types and scales under the MSA 'Mapping Services Agreement'. This agreement forms our licence with the mapping suppliers.

Because our license restricts us to local authority production only, we are unable to supply base mapping in either hard copy or electronic format, even at a charge, to any separate external body unless employed by us to carry out a contracted task.


All maps are produced from Ordnance Survey-derived mapping data with the permission of the controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office. © Crown Copyright. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown Copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceedings.

Planning applications

If you require a plan to be submitted with your planning application, purchases can be made from our Guildhall offices. Costs are available by phoning the Planning administration team on 0300 330 7000.