Northampton Local Plan Part 2 issues consultation
The council is preparing the Northampton Local Plan (Part 2).
The Plan will provide detailed planning policies to manage and guide development across the borough. It will replace the remaining saved policies from the Northampton Local Plan (adopted 1997). We are also considering whether some of the policies of the Central Area Action Plan need updating.
The first stage of the process was public consultation on the scope of the plan and the key issues that it should address.
Two consultations ran simultaneously. The first covered the Local Plan Issues Paper, the Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report and the Statement of Community Involvement, and the second dealt with the Land Availability Assessment call for sites and its methodology.
The consultation period was Wednesday 27th April to Friday 10th June.
What did the consultation cover?
The Local Plan consultation included the following:
- Local Plan Issues Paper – seeks views on the key issues to be addressed in the new Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report - explains how the emerging Local Plan will be assessed for any potential significant impacts on environmental, economic and social objectives
- Statement of Community Involvement - we are also reviewing the Statement of Community Involvement (SCI). It is also subject to public consultation until Friday 10th June 2016.
- Land Availability Assessment (LAA) Methodology - seeks views on how the council will assess sites for development. It does not allocate sites for development itself but explains how potential sites will be considered.
- Call for sites - alongside the Land Availability Assessment (LAA) Methodology we are asking people to suggest sites which they consider would be suitable for development. We will then assess these sites using the LAA methodology. If you have a site please complete the Land Availability Form which can be found in the downloads section below.
The consultation documents can be found below:
|Northampton Local Plan (Part 2) Issues Paper||(PDF 2.79MB)|
|Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report||(PDF 4.44MB)|
|Statement of Community Involvement||(PDF 995KB)|
|Land Availability Assessment Methodology||(PDF 124KB)|
|Northampton Local Plan Issues Consultation Form||(PDF 1.06MB)|
|Land Availability Form (Call for Sites) Form||(PDF 136KB)|
Fair Processing Notice issued under The Data Protection Act 1998
All observations, objections and supporting comments submitted to Northampton Borough Council are public documents. Therefore the information you submit in response to consultations on the Local Plan will be publicly available as part of the consultation responses and made available for any member of the public to view in person. This may include your name and the comment made.
Specific personal contact data such as your email address, signature, postal address and telephone number will not be published on the Northampton Borough Council website but retained for contact purposes only by the planning department at Northampton Borough Council.
In submitting a comment on the Local Plan you agree for your information to be held and processed for the purpose(s) and in the way detailed above.