Covid-19 advice for the public
Latest Northamptonshire Covid-19 Information
Coronavirus testing availability is currently limited due to high demand across the country.
If you have coronavirus symptoms and are unable to book a test in the local area today, more testing slots are released after 6pm each evening and then further slots are released the following day. Only people with coronavirus symptoms should book a test.
If you do not display symptoms, please do not come forward for a test, as you may be taking a test away from someone who really needs it.
How to book a test
You can book a test online by clicking the button below.
Alternatively you can call 119. You can also order a test kit which you can do at home.
What you need to remember when going for your test
- Take your registration details or QR code
- Anyone driving to a test site is reminded to keep their car widows closed until staff ask you to open them
- See what to expect at a mobile testing unit
What to do if you test positive
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you must stay at home for at least 10 days and until you feel better. Anyone in your household should stay at home for 14 days.
- Follow the national stay at home guidance for households with possible or confirmed COVID-19 infection
COVID-19 safety information
COVID-19 cases continue to rise rapidly across the whole of the UK and abroad. In order to control the spread of the virus, we urge Northampton residents to follow the guidance to prevent an increase in local lockdown measures, to protect the NHS and to save lives.
Remember - ‘Hands. Face. Space’:
- Hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds
- Face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- Space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors)
The National Restrictions state:
- Stay at home, except for specific purposes.
- Avoid meeting people you do not live with, except for specific purposes
- Close certain businesses and venues
For a full list of the restrictions and exemptions, please visit the government website.
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If you have COVID-19 symptoms:
- Do not go to work. Either work from home or report sick, self-isolate and get a test
- Stay at home, self-isolate and get a test
- Even if you only have mild COVID-19 symptoms, get a test
- If you are contacted by test and trace and asked to self-isolate, stay at home for 14 days
A downloadable PDF map of the location of hand sanitisers in the town is also available.
Information in a variety of languages
You can download leaflets giving advice for Northampton residents in the following languages:
- Arabic (PDF, 430.12kb)
- Bengali (PDF, 192.03kb)
- English (PDF,757.28kb)
- Hindi (PDF, 240.66kb)
- Lithuanian (PDF, 157.54kb)
- Polish (PDF, 149.27kb)
- Romanian (PDF, 126.35kb)
- Russian (PDF, 179.98kb)
- Urdu (PDF, 877.82kb)
You can also view the latest advice via video in the following languages:
- Arabic (link to YouTube)
- Bengali (link to youtube)
- English (link to YouTube)
- Hindi (link to youtube)
- Latvian (link to YouTube)
- Lithuanian (link to YouTube)
- Polish (link to youtube)
- Romanian (link to YouTube)
- Russian (link to YouTube)
- Somali (link to YouTube)
- Swahili (link to YouTube)
- Urdu (link to YouTube)
If you have tested positive for, or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, advice for staying at home safely can be found in the leaflets below: