Introduction to Local Land Charges
The Northampton Borough Council Local Land Charges section provides information on matters which may affect a particular property or plot of land. When you buy a house, or a piece of land your solicitor will make a search of the council’s records to ensure there are no hidden liabilities.
The council has been awarded exemplar status, by the Lord Chancellor, in recognition of the efficient Land Charges service.
The sections aim is to process all standard local authority search requests efficiently and speedily.
- Official local Land Charge searches
- How to request a Local Land Charges search
- Personal searches
- Fees, charges and payments for Land Charges search
- National Land Information Service
- Land Charges - other useful contacts
Reviewed 5th July 2016