Northampton Economic Growth Strategy 2020-2025
Economic Growth Strategy Overview
The Economic Growth Strategy is the economic vision and priorities for Northampton Town. The document provides information on the priorities and actions to be taken by the Council, Key Partners and its successor West Northamptonshire over the next five years. The previous economic growth strategy was developed some years ago spanning a period 2008-2026 and is in urgent need of updating against a backdrop of continuing inward investment enquires, links with the Oxford and Cambridge Arc and the towns master plan.
This strategy aligns Northampton to local and national priorities such as SEMLEP’s Local Industrial Strategy and Strategic Economic Plan; and its focus, and delivery will ensure Northampton is well placed as a key location for inward investment and place to do business.
To identify Northampton’s key priorities over the next 5 years key evidence has been gathered to understand the local economy. Northampton has 9 key priority areas that through partnership working and underpinning an action plan to encourage growth across the Borough. The priorities are:
- Supporting Innovators, Entrepreneurs and Social Enterprise
- Creating a 21st Century Town Centre
- Maximising the Economic Benefits of Culture and Heritage
- Raising Northampton’s Profile
- Putting Employers at the Heart of the Skills System
- Northampton as a Digital Town
- Efficient and Effective Infrastructure
- Supporting our Key Sectors
- Tackling the Climate Emergency
If you would like to discuss the Economic Growth Strategy or how your company could assist with the Key priorities, please complete the contact form, available from the link below