Covid-19 advice for businesses
COVID-19 business grants and advice page 2
4. Contact Us - Northampton Portal Applications and Enquiries
If you are experiencing any issues with portal applications, please contact us using the following email addresses:
- RESTART Grant Scheme & Additional Restrictions Grants - Please email [email protected] or call 0808 164 8317 - hours of business are 10am - 3pm.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of enquiries and will respond to your email as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience during this challenging time.
Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum permitted subsidy allowances will not be eligible to receive funding (a potential total allowance of £10,935,000 taking into account all grants previously received under the COVID-19 business grants schemes) Further information on subsidy allowance is available here.
- Grant income received by a business is taxable and will need to be included as income in the tax return of the business.
- Only businesses that make an overall profit once grant income is included will be subject to tax.
- Payments made to businesses before 5 April 2021 will fall into the 2020/21 tax year. Payments after 6 April 2021 will fall into the 2021/22 tax year.
- Unincorporated businesses will be taxed when they receive the grant income.
The local authority is required to undertake a number of pre-payment checks.
This is a stricter position than that taken for previous COVID-19 business support grant schemes.
The Government will not accept deliberate manipulation and fraud. Any business caught falsifying their records to gain additional grant money will face prosecution and any funding issued will be recovered, as may any grants paid in error.
These checks include:
Using the records on Companies House to flag where organisations have recently become inactive.
Using a counter fraud bank account checker to enable Local Authorities to:
- Verify the bank accounts of companies in receipt of these business grants; and
- Provide insight into whether the company was trading at the relevant date for these grants