Northampton Town Centre BID
Northampton Town Centre Business Improvement District
The Regeneration team helped to set up the Northampton Town Centre Business Improvement District (BID).
Northampton Town Centre LTD has been operating since October 2010. Their aims are to improve the Management in the Town Centre, Promote the town centre and attract more visitors and ensure Value for Money through shared services. Successes to date include:
- Promoting and sponsoring events in the Town Centre such as Northampton By the Sea, Frost fair, Go Safari and the Riverside Festival
- Britain in Bloom won Gold last year and will represent the East midlands in the National competition this year.
- Town Centre Hosts are being introduced onto the streets of Northampton with the remit of assisting people with their needs in the centre
- Christmas trees and decorations around the town
- Additional PCSOs are now on the streets
- Loyalty card introduced into the town
- Voucher booklets created for events
- Newsletter circulated on a quarterly basis
The Town Centre BID gets much support from the Town Centre Manager and team with one member of NBC staff now working on the BID full time in a supporting role as well as another employed for admin assistance.
Business Improvement Districts are a great way of encouraging businesses to work with the Council and together to improve an area not just for themselves but for their business, customers and visitors.
For more information on the Town Centre BID please click here
Tel: 0300 330 7000
Email using the link below
Return to Regeneration - Completed Projects Page