Immigration clearance

Council requirements

Applicants from some countries who wish to visit or live permanently in the UK are usually required by their own country's British High Commission or British Embassy to provide a letter from  the relevant local council stating that they wish to live in that area.

The letter confirms that the property is fit to live in and that the person moving in will not cause it to become overcrowded.

If you need us to provide you with such a letter you need to download and complete this form:

You also need to send an application fee of £210 per family (or per person if it is for work purposes) made payable by cheque to Northamton Borough Council.

For further information contact:

Private Sector Housing
The Guildhall

Telephone: 0300 330 7000