Landlord Accreditation Scheme
About the scheme
Northampton Borough Council invites landlords to join the DASH Landlord Accreditation Scheme. This is a region-wide scheme that encourages and rewards good property standards and management practice in the private rented sector.
Who can join?
The scheme is voluntary and open to any residential landlord in the East Midlands Region.
Members enjoy not only a market advantage, but also briefing sessions on new legislation, resource material and guidance, professional development courses and inclusion on the DASH property database and website. Accredited landlords are also eligible for an impressive range of discounts on goods and services, such as Energy Performance Certificates, financial services, buildings insurance, pest control, drain clearance, fire protection and kitchens amongst others.
What DASH achieves
- It promotes good management standards in private renting throughout the region
- It defines the agreements and responsibilities of the landlord and tenant and ensures they are maintained by both parties
- It encourages responsible tenant behaviour
- It differentiates between good and poor management
- Accreditation and its benefits are widely recognised and understood by both landlords and tenants
- It keeps landlords informed of changes in housing law, allowing them to be kept fully up to date with developments within the sector
- It provides general help, advice and documentation to all accredited landlords to help them operate a profitable business in a highly regulated sector
Page last updated 08/01/2014