West Northamptonshire Council website launches

Residents of West Northamptonshire can look forward to a seamless customer experience when they visit the new unitary Council’s website, which launched in its full form today (April 1, 2021). West Northamptonshire Council website launches

Alcohol and entertainment licences

Apply for a personal alcohol licence

You or a member of your staff must hold a personal licence if you sell alcohol from licensed premises, so that every sale or supply of alcohol is authorised by a licence holder.

You must be 18 years or older and hold a licensing qualification; for example, the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) Level 2.

You do not need a personal licence to sell alcohol under a temporary events notice.

How to apply 

You can apply for a personal licence by downloading and completing the application form and disclosure of convictions form.

You must apply to the local authority for the area in which you reside. This is usually where you pay your Council Tax.

Download personal licence forms

Completed forms should be sent to:

Licensing Department
Northampton Borough Council
The Guildhall

Applications must be accompanied by:

  • Disclosure of convictions form
  • £37 fee
  • A recent basic disclosure check available from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) at GOV UK
  • 2 countersigned passport photographs
  • Proof of entitlement to work in the UK (if submitting at our offices please bring original documents)
  • Licensing Qualification Certificate

How we will use your information 

Licensing Privacy Notice

What happens next?

You can view the status of your application or look up an existing licence on the licensing register.

Appeals and complaints

Change details on a personal licence

To update details on a personal licence, please complete and return the change of address/name form and return to the licensing department as detailed above.

You may enclose a cheque for the fee of £10.50 with your form, or please give your telephone number in order that you can be contacted in order to take payment by debit/credit card over the phone.

It is a legal requirement that you notify the licensing department of any change in your name/residential address and if you have any relevant convictions.