Business rates relief
We have the discretion to give relief to businesses in exceptional circumstances of hardship.
If you wish to be considered for this relief, you will need to apply in writing, and include with your application:
- details of why your business is suffering hardship
- an outline of what steps you have taken personally to improve the position of your business
- details of when you think this situation will improve
- copies of your audited accounts for the last two years
- the reason why we should award this relief taking into account the fact that a proportion of the relief will be funded by local people from their Council Tax paid. Examples could be (but are not limited to) that yours is the only business providing this kind of service in the borough, you are the only amenity in an area or that you provide a service to vulnerable residents of the area.
Contact us for more information
Call us on 0300 330 7000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.