Elections staff, candidates and agents
We collect your information to:
- administer elections
What type(s) of information do we use?
- contact details
- demographic information
- family and relationship details
- national unique identifiers
- financial information
- employment data
What is the legal basis for using your information?
- we are required to use your data to carrying out legal obligations or to comply with a statutory function.
Where do we get your information?
Who do we share your information with?
- no one external to the Council
How long will we keep your information?
- 24 months for expenses forms
- 12 months nomination papers
Transferring your information outside of the European Union (EU)
- we will not transfer your information outside of the EU.
Automated decisions using your information?
- for this service all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
Do I have Other Rights?
The Data Protection Act 2018 allows you other rights; for example, if there is an error in your records you have the right to make sure it is rectified or erased.
You have the right to be told if we have made a mistake whilst processing your data and we will report breaches to the Commissioner.
If you would like to know more about how we use your information, please tell us.
Contact the Data Protection Officer: David Taylor
Email: [email protected]
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk/