#NorthantsTogether to tackle Coronavirus

Northampton residents urged to take action as local cases rise above national rate. Plus find out how to book a test and see testing locations in Northamptonshire Latest Coronavirus updates


General maintenance

You can use our online form to report leaves to be cleared. If there is a non-emergency issue with a fallen or broken branch/tree, please contact us either via our contact form or by emailing [email protected]


For health and safety issues or if there is a branch/tree blocking a road, please call us on 0300 330 7000

About our trees

Veolia manage and maintain our trees, including street trees and trees within the town's parks.

If you have an enquiry about any of these trees, or any trees that stand on council-owned land, you can telephone the Customer Service team on 0300 330 7000 and ask for a request for service to be raised to Veolia or write to:

Tree Management Service
Veolia Limited

Westbridge Depot,
St James Mill Road,

Our tree policy

Download our tree policy for lots of information about trees and tree maintenance in the borough.

Frequently asked questions

We have a factsheet:

Protected trees

The Town and Country Planning Acts make provision for the protection of significant trees in the urban environment. Most of these are privately owned.

Trees may be protected in three ways under the planning acts:

Trees may also be protected through restrictions written into the deeds of a property. This is usually a private matter, however, where we are unable to help.

Tree Preservation Orders in Northampton

You can see existing Tree Preservation Orders on our interactive map. Click on 'trees' on the left-hand menu and tick the 'Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs)' box.

Apply for a Tree Preservation Order or a Hedgerow Removal Notice

To apply for a Tree Preservation Order or a Hedgerow Removal Notice we firstly recommend you to contact our Arboricultural Officer for advice, Please call 0300 330 7000 and select the option for Planning & Building Control or email [email protected]

Some advice for private tree owners

  • Always contact the local authority to check whether the trees are protected by a Tree Preservation Order, planning constraints, or being within a conservation area.
  • Always employ a suitable trained professional tree contractor, who is covered by public liability insurance(always ask for proof).
  • Never employ house callers or leaflet droppers touting for tree work.
  • Reputable tree contractors will always have some form of professional identification and qualification proof. Always ask to see it.
  • Reputable tree contractors can be found in the Yellow Pages.

Trees within development sites

Applications for planning permission on sites where trees of amenity value may be affected by the development should be accompanied by a tree survey.

Contact details

Tel: 0300 330 7000

[email protected]