Apply for planning permission and pre-application advice
Pre-application advice is available from the Planning department to help you prepare and submit your planning application. As the planning authority, we positively encourage pre-application discussions as a means of:
- Assisting you in the preparation of your application
- Allowing us to inform you about any additional technical and supporting information that may need to be submitted with your application.
- Improving the quality of proposed developments in accordance with national guidance and Local Development Plan policies
- Helping to avoid delay during the formal consideration of planning applications, which can save time and money later in the process, especially if plans need to be redrawn and re-submitted, which can be expensive
- Reducing the risk of delays in obtaining permission, particularly if an application is refused on grounds which could have been identified and overcome through pre-application discussions
Even though taking pre-application advice from officers does not bind us to make a particular decision, the information you will receive as a result of pre-application discussions forms part of the decision-making process and will support the determination of your application.
In order to receive an effective advice service, we encourage you to contact us at the earliest opportunity to seek advice on your proposals.
This will ensure that the most appropriate officer is assigned to your case and allow the level of pre-application discussion and negotiation to be determined. This will largely be dependent on the complexity of the application and possibly its proposed location. It will also help determine whether or not other agreements, contributions or obligations will be required.
For a full list of charges, please see the following fee schedule:- https://cms.westnorthants.gov.uk/media/404/download
N.B. The Fast Track service is currently unavailable. Please contact Planning for further details.