Planning application advice and fees
Planning fees & pre-application advice
Fees for planning applications are set by central government under The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications and Deemed Applications, Requests and Site Visits) (England) Regulations 2012.
When you submit your application electronically via the National Planning Portal, you will need to make your payment on the Planning Portal via the methods available on their website.
For applications sent directly to us you can make a payment by debit or credit card - please call 0300 126 7000 during office hours.
You must send the relevant fee when you submit your application. If there is no fee, or it is incorrect, you will be notified. We will not process your application until we receive the correct fee.
- Submit your application electronically via Planning Portal
Pre-application advice and fees
Pre-application advice is available from the Planning department to help you prepare and submit your planning application. As the planning authority, we positively encourage pre-application discussions as a means of:
- Assisting you in the preparation of your application
- Allowing us to inform you about any additional technical and supporting information that may need to be submitted with your application.
- Improving the quality of proposed developments in accordance with national guidance and Local Development Plan policies
- Helping to avoid delay during the formal consideration of planning applications, which can save time and money later in the process, especially if plans need to be redrawn and re-submitted, which can be expensive
- Reducing the risk of delays in obtaining permission, particularly if an application is refused on grounds which could have been identified and overcome through pre-application discussions
Even though taking pre-application advice from officers does not bind us to make a particular decision, the information you will receive as a result of pre-application discussions forms part of the decision-making process and will support the determination of your application.
In order to receive an effective advice service, we encourage you to contact us at the earliest opportunity to seek advice on your proposals.
This will ensure that the most appropriate officer is assigned to your case and allow the level of pre-application discussion and negotiation to be determined. This will largely be dependent on the complexity of the application and possibly its proposed location. It will also help determine whether or not other agreements, contributions or obligations will be required.
For a full list of charges, please see the following fee schedule:- https://cms.westnorthants.gov.uk/media/404/download
To request the pre-application service, please email [email protected] In your email please provide copies of any plans, photos or drawings you have of your proposal, the address of the property and a brief description of your proposal. Once received, a member of the team will contact you within 10 working days with an application number, the fee and details of how to make payment.
N.B. The Fast Track service is currently unavailable. Please contact Planning for further details.