Great Houghton Neighbourhood Plan
Regulation 16 Draft Great Houghton Neighbourhood Development Plan (2011 – 2029) – September/October 2021
Great Houghton Parish Council submitted their final version of the Great Houghton Neighbourhood Development Plan (2011 – 2029) to the Council in August 2021.
As the Local Planning Authority, we are now required to undertake a consultation to provide an opportunity for all parties to comment on whether the submitted plan meets the basic conditions before it goes to examination.
The basic conditions are that the plan:
• Must be appropriate have regard to national policy
• Must contribute to the achievement of sustainable development
• Must be in general conformity with the strategic policies in the development plan for the local area
• Must be compatible with human rights requirements
• Must be compatible with EU obligations
Please note that the current version of the plan is the version that will be submitted for examination. The consultation commences on Monday 13 September 2021 and will close at midnight on Monday 25 October 2021.
Consultation Documents can be downloaded through the links below:
• Great Houghton Neighbourhood Development Plan
• Great Houghton Plan Basic Conditions Statement
• Great Houghton Plan Consultation Statement
• Great Houghton Plan Screening Report for SEA / HRA
Alternatively, the documents are available to view at the following locations:
• The White Hart PH, 39 High Street, Great Houghton, Northampton, NN4 7AF.
Current opening hours:
Monday 5pm – 10pm
Tuesday 5pm -10pm
Wednesday 12 – 2.30pm AND 5pm – 11pm
Thursday 12 – 2.30 AND 5pm – 11pm
Friday 12 – 2pm AND 4pm – 11pm
Saturday 12 noon – 11pm
Sunday 12 – 8pm
(please check the White Hart's website for any changes)
• Brackmills Business Improvement District Office, Brackmills Industrial Estate Ltd, C/o In N Out Autocentres, Brackmills Business Park, Caswell Road, Northampton, NN4 7PW. Please call Sara Homer on 07891 016896 to make an appointment to view the documents and upon arrival.
• West Northamptonshire Council (Northampton Area), Guildhall One Stop Shop, St Giles’ Square, Northampton, NN1 1DE. Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
• Northampton Central Library, Abington Street, NN1 2BA. Current opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm, Saturdays 9am – 5pm
How can I submit my comments?
Comments can be made online or in writing:
• Online survey (here)
• Email: [email protected]
• Post: Planning Policy Northampton Area, West Northamptonshire Council, The Guildhall, St Giles’ Square, Northampton, NN1 1DE (Please ensure that there is sufficient time to guarantee delivery to our offices by the closing date for comments)
Comment forms can be downloaded here
You can request to be notified of West Northamptonshire’s decision to adopt the Great Houghton Neighbourhood Plan once an examination and referendum has taken place. Please do so using the comment form.
What happens next?
Following the 6-week consultation period, we will collate the responses received and submit them to an independent examiner who will considers them as part of the examination of the plan. The timing of this is not yet known. As soon as it is the website will be updated.
Regulation 14 Draft Great Houghton Neighbourhood Plan – May 2021
Great Houghton Parish Council consulted on their Regulation 14 Draft Neighbourhood Plan from 9 April to 28 May 2021.
For further information on progress of the Neighbourhood Plan please visit the Great Houghton Parish Council website.
Strategic Environmental Assessment & Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Report – May 2021
West Northamptonshire Council undertook an assessment of the Regulation 14 Draft Great Houghton Neighbourhood Plan and prepared a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) Screening Report (May 2021).
The Screening Report concluded that the emerging Neighbourhood Plan does not require full SEA or HRA.
The Council consulted statutory stakeholders on the findings of the report between 12 April and 5 May 2021 and their comments are included within the Appendix E of the Screening report. The report can be downloaded through the link in the documents section below.
Designation – June 2020
On 6 March 2020 the Council received an application from Great Houghton Parish Council in order to designate their parish boundary for the purposes of neighbourhood plan making.
On 10 June 2020 Cabinet resolved to designate the area proposed by Great Houghton Parish Council for the purposes of neighbourhood planning.
All relevant documents can be downloaded through the links below: