Northampton Local Plan Part 2 issues consultation
The council is preparing the Northampton Local Plan (Part 2).The first stage of the process was public consultation on the scope of the Plan and the key issues that it should address.
Two consultations ran simultaneously. The first covered the Local Plan Issues Paper, the Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report and the Statement of Community Involvement, and the second dealt with the Land Availability Assessment call for sites and its methodology.
The consultation period was Wednesday 27th April to Friday 10th June 2016.
What did the consultation cover?
The Local Plan consultation included the following:
- Local Plan Issues Paper – seeks views on the key issues to be addressed in the new Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report - explains how the emerging Local Plan will be assessed for any potential significant impacts on environmental, economic and social objectives
- Statement of Community Involvement - we are also reviewing the Statement of Community Involvement (SCI). It is also subject to public consultation until Friday 10th June 2016.
- Land Availability Assessment (LAA) Draft Methodology - seeks views on how the council will assess sites for development. It does not allocate sites for development itself but explains how potential sites will be considered.
- Call for sites - alongside the Land Availability Assessment (LAA) Methodology we are asking people to suggest sites which they consider would be suitable for development. We will then assess these sites using the LAA methodology. If you have a site please complete the Land Availability Form which can be found in the downloads section below.
Consultation documentsThe consultation documents can be found below:
|Northampton Local Plan (Part 2) Issues Paper||(PDF 2.79MB)|
|Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report||(PDF 4.44MB)|
|Statement of Community Involvement||(PDF 995KB)|
|Land Availability Assessment Methodology||(PDF 124KB)|
|Northampton Local Plan Issues Consultation Form||(PDF 1.06MB)|
|Land Availability Form (Call for Sites) Form||(PDF 136KB)|