Garden waste sack collections
Garden waste collections from domestic properties in Northampton is a chargeable service which runs annually from April to end of March. If you would like Veolia to collect your garden waste you will need to subscribe to the service.
As of Monday 6th April this service will only be available to residents that have subscribed to the service.
If you decide not to subscribe to the service you don't need to tell us. The garden waste service is opt-in which means you only need to act if you wish to sign up.
For further information please read our frequently asked questions.
As an alternative to subscribing for collections you may wish to compost your garden waste instead.
Garden waste subscriptions
Each subscription costs £42.
For each subscription to the service you will receive 100 sack labels. If you would like additional sack labels you will need to pay for another subscription.
You can subscribe to the service at any time in the year; however, the charge does not reduce if you join after the service begins in April, so we recommend that you join as early as possible.
Read the full terms and conditions before subscribing to the service.
- collection days are Monday only
- sacks that do not display the stickers after Monday 6th April will not be collected.
- any bags found to be contaminated or too heavy will not be collected
- present your garden waste in black sacks only
- All bags have to be kerbside by 6.30am
- you have 48 hours to report a missed collection . Do not report a missed collection until after 7.30pm on the day of collection..
What to put in your garden waste sacks
Flowers, plants, weeds, leaves, grass cuttings, hedge trimmings, twigs, or green organic material
No thank you
Plastic bags, plastic pots, cardboard or paper, food waste, rubble/ bricks, animal waste/ bedding, large tree branches, tree trunks, or any other wood items