Waste and recycling collections
Delivery Information October 2021
Green sack deliveries will start from Monday 4th October and will continue until Friday 5th November. To allow Veolia to complete all of their deliveries, do not contact us during this time to tell us your sacks have not been delivered.
Once deliveries are complete you will only have from Monday 8th November until Friday 3rd December to tell us your sacks have not been delivered. Any requests received after this date will not be honoured, and you will have to wait until the next delivery in April 2022. Any waste will have to be taken to the household recycling centre.
- you will be delivered 6 rolls of sacks. This is enough for two sacks per week. If you use more than this and you do not qualify for extra sacks you will not be delivered additional sacks.
- please check your sacks when they arrive for any damage
Extra sacks for large households or medical needs
If you are unable to cope with the quantity of green sacks provided, either because there are 6 or more residents living at the property, have 2 or more children in nappies, or a medical condition that produces a lot of non-hazardous waste. Please contact us if this situation applies to your household.
- we will only collect two green sacks per property each week, so please don't put out more than this as we are unable to provide you with more.
- veolia will only collect the green sacks they have provided. They will not accept other sacks or additional green sacks. Waste left out in the wrong sacks will be considered 'side waste' and will not be collected
- do not use your green sacks for garden waste. Only use them for non recyclable waste
- all green sacks must be at the kerbside by 6:30am on your collection day. If you are unable to present your bins kerbside due to age or disability please see assisted collections information.
- although you may be used to seeing the crews at the same time each week, there is no set time for collections to take place; only the day of the week is set. Please do not report missed collections until the morning after the specified collection day
- we will collect your green sacks every week.
Moving in to a property with no green sacks available to use
Please use our contact us form to advise us of your situation. Please include the date you moved into the property and where you have moved from (if within Northampton) so we can update our records.
Apply for extra green sacks
If you are unable to cope with the quantity of green sacks provided, either because of the size of your family, or a medical condition that produces a lot of non-recyclable waste, then an assessment can be made by a Veolia representative to assess whether you may be entitled to an additional allocation of green sacks. Please contact us if this situation applies to your household.
It is the responsibility of the resident to take back any uncollected side waste onto their property and dispose of appropriately. Under Section 46 of the Environmental Protection Act (1990), failure to adhere to these rules could lead to residents being issued with a fixed penalty notice (£80)
The only exception to this policy would be if the collection service had been cancelled due to severe weather conditions. In this case, if a collection day has been missed, it may be necessary for residents to place out four green sacks the following week. In these circumstances, please check the website for the latest collection updates.
You can book a garden waste collection using the online form for up to 10 sacks per week.