Waste and recycling collections
Black wheelie bin
- All black wheelie bins must be at the kerbside by 6:30am on your collection day. If you are unable to present your bins kerbside due to age or disability please see assisted collections information
- Although you may be used to seeing the crews at the same time each week, there is no set time for collections to take place; only the day of the week is set. Please do not report missed collections until the morning after the specified collection day
- You must close the bin lid to ensure that no waste escapes prior to collection. We will not empty open bins and we will decline any request for a missed collection
- Only one black wheelie bin will be collected per household
- No side waste (additional bags or boxes) is allowed
If you are unable to cope with the size of a standard 240L bin, either because of the size of your family, or a medical condition that produces a lot of non-recyclable waste, then an assessment can be made by a Veolia representative to assess whether you may be entitled to a large 360L bin. Please contact us if this situation applies to your household.
If you qualify for a large bin Veolia will take your smaller bin away when they deliver the large one.
What to put in your black rubbish bin
Please use your black wheelie bin to dispose of any non-recyclable rubbish.
We will collect your black wheelie bin every two weeks (the alternate week to your recycling (blue lidded wheelie bin, or brown garden waste wheelie bin) collection weeks).
Check your schedule using our online collection day checker.