Waste and recycling collections
Black wheelie bin
- All black wheelie bins must be at the kerbside by 6:30am on your collection day. If you are unable to present your bins kerbside due to age or disability please see assisted collections information
- Although you may be used to seeing the crews at the same time each week, there is no set time for collections to take place; only the day of the week is set. Please do not report missed collections until the morning after the specified collection day
- You must close the bin lid to ensure that no waste escapes prior to collection. We will not empty open bins and we will decline any request for a missed collection
- Only one black wheelie bin will be collected per household
- No side waste (additional bags or boxes) is allowed
If you are unable to cope with the size of a standard 240L bin, either because there are 6 or more resients living at the property, 2 or more children in nappies or a medical condition that produces a lot of non-recyclable waste. You may be entitled to a larger bin. Please contact us if this situation applies to your household. A visit from Veolia may be required to see if you qualify.
If you qualify for a large bin Veolia will take your smaller bin away when they deliver the large one. if your smaller bin is not available to exchange they will not leave a larger bin.
What to put in your black rubbish bin
Please use your black wheelie bin to dispose of any non-recyclable rubbish.
We will collect your black wheelie bin every two weeks (the alternate week to your recycling blue lidded bin).
Check your schedule using our online collection day checker.