Waste and recycling collections
Black wheelie bin
- All black wheelie bins must be at the kerbside by 6:30am on your collection day. If you are unable to present your bins kerbside due to age or disability please see assisted collections information
- Although you may be used to seeing the crews at the same time each week, there is no set time for collections to take place; only the day of the week is set. Please do not report missed collections until the morning after the specified collection day
- You must close the bin lid to ensure that no waste escapes prior to collection. Although this is not an offence in itself, it can prevent the bin fitting on the bin lift when being emptied. We will not empty open bins and we will decline any request for a missed collection.
- do not overfill your bin. If your bin is packed too tight, when it is lifted by the lorry it may not empty all the contents, Veolia will not return for part empty bins and will decline any request for a missed collection.
- Only one black wheelie bin will be collected per household
- No side waste (additional bags or boxes) is allowed
If you are unable to cope with the size of a standard 240L bin, either because there are 6 or more resients living at the property, 2 or more children in nappies or a medical condition that produces a lot of non-recyclable waste. You may be entitled to a larger bin. Please contact us if this situation applies to your household. A visit from Veolia may be required to see if you qualify.
If you qualify for a large bin Veolia will take your smaller bin away when they deliver the large one. if your smaller bin is not available to exchange they will not leave a larger bin.
What to put in your black rubbish bin
Please use your black wheelie bin to dispose of any non-recyclable rubbish.
We will collect your black wheelie bin every two weeks (the alternate week to your recycling blue lidded bin).
Check your schedule using our online collection day checker.