Introduction to Local Land Charges
Local Land Charges provide information on matters which may affect a particular property or plot of land. When you buy a house or a piece of land your solicitor will make a search of our records to ensure there are no hidden liabilities.
We have been awarded exemplar status by the Lord Chancellor, in recognition of the efficient Land Charges service.
We aim to process all standard local authority search requests efficiently and speedily.
- Official local Land Charge searches
- How to request a Local Land Charges search
- Personal searches
- Fees, charges and payments for Land Charges search
- National Land Information Service
- Land Charges - other useful contacts