West Northamptonshire Council website launches

Residents of West Northamptonshire can look forward to a seamless customer experience when they visit the new unitary Council’s website, which launched in its full form today (April 1, 2021). West Northamptonshire Council website launches

Data protection

Make a Subject Access Request

Under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you have the right to:

  • Request a copy of the data we hold about you, and
  • Receive a copy of that data

You must apply to our Data Protection Officer in writing. To help you with the request process we have prepared a Data Subject Access Request application form.

You can get a copy of the request form

  • By post from the Data Protection Officer at the our main office (The Guildhall) 
  • By telephoning 01604 838536
  • By e-mail [email protected]
  • By downloading, completing and returning the form from the link below

After completing the Subject Access Request form you will need to provide two forms of proof of identity (one address and one person) and post your completed application form and proofs of identity to the Data Protection Officer at the above address. From 25th May 2018 we will not make a charge for your request; however, there may be a cost if you require us to put the information on DVD or print it. These charges are set out below.

We will collate and release the data to you within 28 days (20 working days).


We do not generally charge for electronic copies of data, provided it is collected. Disbursement charges are made for paper copies (currently 12p per A4 side) and postage. Having the data put on to CD costs £1.50.

Postage is always quoted using special recorded delivery plus weight. Disbursements must be paid before data is sent. Data can only be provided electronically if encryption or password protection can be applied to the files to ensure your data is secure.


Use the SAR form to request personal information held by council departments. Please contact Northamptonshire County Council if you require information about children's or adults' social services (this includes adoption and foster care).

CCTV footage is only retained for 30 days. We will not be able to help with your query if you ask for footage that is older than thirty days. Use the CCTV SAR form if you are requesting personal images from our CCTV network. If your request relates to a vehicle collision please submit an FOI request in the first instance. You will only need to use the CCTV request form if the incident is captured along with personal data (such as images of identifiable people or vehicles).

Data protection