The Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is David Taylor. He works within the Information Governance Team as part of the wider Corporate Governance and Risk department within the Chief Finance Officer Directorate.
The DPO role includes:
- providing independent corporate guidance and support to all staff in respect of the management of personal data, including policy and training
- ensuring the compliance of new and existing manual and electronic data processing systems, including the recording of data processing activities
- maintain effective systems to assess and mitigate risk for new processes, systems and technologies
- upholding individuals' GDPR rights including access to personal data and correcting or erasing data
- record and investigate suspected breaches, report significant data loses and coordinate the Council's response
- advise managers and the data controller of compliance issues including breaches and solutions
- maintain the Council's data controller ICO registration
You can contact the Data Protection Officer directly in one of 3 ways.
By phone: 01604 838536
The Data Protection Officer
Northampton Borough Council
St Giles Square