#NorthantsTogether to tackle Coronavirus

Northampton residents urged to take action as local cases rise above national rate. Plus find out how to book a test and see testing locations in Northamptonshire Latest Coronavirus updates

Council Tax: moving home

Changing address (moving into, out of or within Northampton)

Not sure if Northampton is your local authority?

You can find out which local authority you need to contact by searching on the Gov.uk website.

Find your local authority (Gov.uk website link)

Moving address

For Council tax purposes, you can tell us you have moved into a new home within the borough or that you have moved out of the borough by using our online form:

Moving Address Form

This service is not available between 6:30pm and 8pm due to system maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. 


Register to vote

If you change address, you need to make sure you are on the register of electors at your new home, or you may not be able to vote in the future. It is also a legal requirement to register to vote.

You can register to vote online by visiting the GOV.UK website through the link below and completing the online registration process.

Register to vote online (Gov.uk website)

You will be asked to fill in your name, address, date of birth and a few other details.

If you cannot use the online form, please contact the Elections Team and we will be able to help you register:

Elections Team

The Guildhall

St Giles Square



Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0300 330 7000