Northampton Borough Council
Northampton Borough Council

Search for it…

Unwanted recycling boxes

Please leave your unwanted recycling boxes at the kerbside, as Veolia are collecting daily. Alternatively, you can use your boxes for storage or additional recycling alongside your new recycling bin.

Do it online: tell us electronically

You will need to have your Council Tax reference (8 digit number beginning with '5') to complete the following.


Set up a new Direct Debit

Request a Single Person Discount?

Cancel a Single Person Discount

Paying your council tax over the counter?

Want to make it easier to pay each month?

Use this form to set up a brand new direct debit (please do not use this form if you want to change your direct debit date).
Are you the only adult in your property? You may qualify for a reduction in your Council Tax. Are you getting a Single Person Discount and someone has moved into your household? Tell us here

Moving into, within or out of Northampton

Landlord/agent tenancy change

Credit refund request

Have you

1) Moved into Northampton from outside the borough?

2) Moved home within Northampton borough?

3) Moved out of Northampton or moved into a house where you will not be responsible for paying Council Tax (e.g. living with parents, etc.)?
Are you a landlord or a landlord agent and have recently had a tenancy change?  If your Council Tax account is in credit, you can use this form to request a refund. 

Budget and repayment

Use this form to provide us with your budget details when making a Council Tax repayment offer.


General enquiry

Do you have a question that isn’t covered by one of the previous forms?

Contact us using the link above. You will need to quote your Council Tax reference if you have a question about an existing Council Tax account.

If you do not have a current Council Tax account, you need to give your name, the address of the property, a telephone number and/or an email address.