Make a payment to us

Direct debits

The easy way to ensure you always make your payments on time. This is available for Council Tax, Business Rates and rent.

Council Tax

Pay by direct debit

Business Rates direct debit form

Download and complete a Business Rates direct debit form

Housing rent direct debit form

Download and complete a rent direct debit form

Pay online

Our website provides a secure payment facility so that you can pay online for council services.

Make a payment.

Pay your by BACS/bank transfer

Transfer payments direct from your account to us.

Our Northampton Area bank details are available by emailing us at [email protected]

(Please quote your Council Tax reference number with any payment).


Please telephone 0845 372 1745 and have your account details ready.

Payment may only be made using Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Maestro, Switch or Solo credit/debit cards.

Generally, calls to this number from a landline cost 7p per minute, but it is always best to check with your supplier first.

For details of call charges from the various mobile networks please refer to the Ofcom website.

Call charges details

Payzone and Post Office

You can make payments at most outlets where you see the Payzone sign (not valid for Business Rates) and at all Post Offices.

You can take your bill into the Payzone retailer or Post Office and your payment will be receipted using the unique barcode printed on it. This service is free of charge.

Find your nearest Payzone outlet

Bailiffs and enforcement agencies

If you wish to pay an enforcement agency (bailiffs), you will need to pay them directly.

Pay an enforcement agency