Council Tax: landlord and agent information

Landlord/letting agent tenancy changes

Not sure if Northampton is the correct local authority to tell?

You can find out which local authority you need to contact by searching on the GOV.UK website

GOV.UK local authority finder

Tenant address changes

You must tell us about changes to your tenancies as soon as possible, so that we have the right information. If you tell us about these promptly, we can issue landlords, property owners and tenants with the right Council Tax bill straight away and avoid delays.

When tenants move in or out of a dwelling we ask for:

  • the names of the tenants
  • the start and/or end dates of their tenancies
  • whether the property is a furnished or unfurnished let
  • forwarding addresses for tenants who have moved (so we can issue closing accounts)
  • owner/agent contact details (in case we have any queries)

The online form below has been specifically designed for landlords, housing associations, and letting agents to enable you to advise us of these tenancy changes promptly, 24 hours a day, without the need for phone calls or postage costs.

This service is not available between 6:30pm and 8pm due to system maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Tell us online that a tenant has moved in/out

If you provide your email address while completing the online form, we will send back confirmation of the details that you have supplied, so you can keep a full record of your notification details.

If you need to tell us about more than one tenancy change, you will need to complete a form for each address.