Benefits: Local Housing Allowance information for tenants
Does LHA apply to me?
Local Housing Allowance will not apply to you if:
- you pay rent to the council or to a registered social landlord
- your housing benefit claim started before 7 April 2008 and you have continued to claim at the same address
- you began your tenancy before 1989 or have a registered rent (the Valuation Office has set your rent)
- you have a tenancy where a large part of the rent covers board and attendance (such as hotel accommodation) or
- you live in a caravan, mobile home or houseboat
All other claims will be assessed under the LHA scheme.