Northampton Borough Council
Northampton Borough Council

Search for it…

High call volumes

We are experiencing a high volume of calls about the waste and recycling changes. If you call us you may be waiting longer than usual to get through. You might find the information you need online.

See our waste and recycling web pages.

Report rent changes for housing associations: 2018

Annual rent change letters 2018

Your housing association will send you an annual rent changes letter in February or March 2018, detailing any changes in your rent.

If you:

  • rent from one of the housing associations listed below,
  • your Housing Benefit is paid directly to them
  • your Housing Benefit claim was made before 31 March 2018

you do not need to contact the council to tell us about this change. Your housing association will do it for you.

  • Aldwyck
  • ASRA
  • Cross Keys
  • Derwent
  • EMHA
  • Extra Care
  • Genesis
  • Grand Union Rents
  • Guinness Trust
  • Hanover
  • Homegroup
  • Hyde
  • Metropolitan
  • Midland Heart
  • Muir
  • NCHA
  • Orbit
  • Places for People
  • Riverside
  • Sanctuary
  • Spire Homes
  • Stonewater
  • Viridian

If you do not rent from one of the above housing associations

You need to provide the council with the rent increase letter. Either:

  • Scan and email the letter to
  • Send it by post to: Northampton Borough Council, Revenues & Benefits, The Guildhall, St Giles Square, Northampton, NN1 1DE (we will return all documents to you)

  • or
  • Visit our One Stop Shop, open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm. When you report to reception, you will be given a 10 minute slot during that day to have your documents scanned and returned to you.