Northamptonshire Local Government Reform
The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government has requested proposals from councils across Northamptonshire for reform of local government in the county. This request follows a report from inspector, Max Caller, into failings at Northamptonshire County Council.
Northamptonshire's borough, district and county councils are now working with appropriate partners and the government toward proposals which will put residents' needs at the heart of any solution.
There are still many challenges to overcome, not least the increasing cost of adult social care, and whatever the outcome, the solution must be sustainable in the long term.
Frequently asked questions
We have divided these questions by subject, to make it easier to find the information you are looking for.
- Government announcement on commissioner appointment
- Deloitte report into local government reform
- Max Caller report (PDF 1.2MB)
- Sajid Javid statement
- Confirmation of change of deadline date for proposal
- List of venues carrying hardcopies of the consultation and questionnaire
- Unitary letter to James Brokenshire
- Northamptonshire Local Government Reform Proposal 2018
- PwC Report on Northamptonshire area local government reform
- ORS Northants Report - final