Northampton Borough Council
Northampton Borough Council

Search for it…

Alcohol and entertainment licences

Local authorities are responsible for liquor licensing.

The sale of alcohol, regulated entertainment (e.g. plays, cinema, films, public entertainment, dancing, etc.) and late night refreshment licences exist under one new licence in the form of either a premises licence or club premises certificate. They provide a focus on the promotion of four statutory objectives: the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance and the protection of children from harm.

If you are planning to hold an event on one of our public parks or open spaces you need to visit our events page for further information. You should also consider our alcohol/regulated entertainment licence guidance for events on public parks and open spaces. 

Apply for, renew or update a licence online

The following pages also provide all the guidance and fees information you need in order to apply for a licence.