Garden waste wheelie bin collections
Garden waste collections from domestic properties in Northampton is a chargeable service which runs annually from April to end of March. If you would like Veolia to collect your garden waste you will need to subscribe to the service.
If you do not want to subscribe
If you haven't subscribed by 6th April 2020 your collections will stop.
If you decide not to subscribe to the service you don't need to tell us. The garden waste service is opt-in which means you only need to act if you wish to sign up.
From 6th April you will be able to fill in a form here to ask us to take away your unwanted brown bin.
For further information on this service you can read our frequently asked questions.
As an alternative to subscribing for collections you may wish to compost your garden waste instead.
Garden waste subscriptions
Each subscription costs £42.
If you sign up to the service you will receive one sticker to place on your brown wheelie bin. If you would like additional bins you will need to pay for another subscription.
You can subscribe to the service at any time in the year; however, the charge does not reduce if you join after the service begins in April, so we recommend that you join as early as possible.
Read the full terms and conditions before subscribing to the service.
We will collect your brown wheelie bin every two weeks the same day as your recycling bin (the alternate weeks to your black wheelie bin) .
Find your collection information using the online collection day checker.
- all bins with the subscription stickers must be at the kerbside by 6:30am on your collection day
- bins that do not display the stickers will not be collected
- although you may be used to seeing the crews at the same time each week, there is no set time for collections to take place; only the day of the week is set.
- you have 48 hours to report a missed collection. Do not report a missed bin until after 7:30pm on your collection day.
- you must close the bin lid to ensure that no waste escapes prior to collection. We will not empty open bins and we will decline any request for a missed collection. No side waste (additional bags or boxes) is allowed
- if you currently receive an assisted collection for your bins, this will continue if you subscribe to the service.
What to put in your brown garden waste bin
Flowers, plants, weeds, leaves, grass cuttings, hedge trimmings, twigs, or green organic material
No thank you
Plastic bags, plastic pots, cardboard or paper, food waste, rubble/ bricks, animal waste/ bedding, large tree branches, tree trunks, or any other wood items