Garden waste wheelie bin collections
Garden waste stickers update March 2021
Due to some operational issues at the dispatch centre there may be some delays to postage of stickers. Please allow up to 10 working days for your sticker to be delivered.
Please be assured that we are working hard to resolve this as quickly as possible, and this will not disrupt your collections if you have not recieved your sticker by April 5th.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your understanding.
Garden waste subscriptions
Garden waste collections from domestic properties in Northampton is a chargeable service which runs annually from April to end of March. If you would like Veolia to collect your garden waste you will need to subscribe to the service.
Each subscription costs £42. The subscription period for 2021/22 will run from Monday 5 April 2021 - Sunday 3 April 2022
If you sign up to the service you will receive one sticker to place on your brown wheelie bin. If you would like additional bins you will need to pay for another subscription.You do not need to order a bin to get a sticker, these are delivered separately.
Once you have subscribed the service will start from your next scheduled collection. We will not collect your waste if you have subscribed on your collection day.
Read the full terms and conditions before subscribing to the service.
If you decide not to subscribe to the service you don't need to tell us. The garden waste service is opt-in which means you only need to act if you wish to sign up.
For further information on this service, or if you are having difficulty paying online read our frequently asked questions.
As an alternative to subscribing for collections you may wish to compost your garden waste instead.
We will collect your brown wheelie bin every two weeks the same day as your recycling bin (the alternate weeks to your black wheelie bin) .
Find your collection information using the online collection day checker.
- all bins must be at the kerbside by 6:30am on your collection day
- although you may be used to seeing the crews at the same time each week, there is no set time for collections to take place; only the day of the week is set.
- you have 48 hours to report a missed collection. Do not report a missed bin until after 7:30pm on your collection day.
- you must close the bin lid to ensure that no waste escapes prior to collection. We will not empty open bins and we will decline any request for a missed collection. No side waste (additional bags or boxes) is allowed
- if you currently receive an assisted collection for your bins, this will continue if you subscribe to the service.
What to put in your brown garden waste bin
Flowers, plants, weeds, leaves, grass cuttings, hedge trimmings, twigs, or green organic material
No thank you
Plastic bags, plastic pots, cardboard or paper, food waste, rubble/ bricks, animal waste/ bedding, large tree branches, tree trunks, or any other wood items
No invasive plants please contact a professional for advice.