Council Tax: moving home

Changing address (moving into, out of or within Northampton)

Not sure if Northampton is your local authority?

You can find out which local authority you need to contact by searching on the website. local authority finder

Moving into Northampton

If you did not previously live in Northampton, and have moved into the area (or are moving into Northampton from another area in the next 31 days), please complete our online form below to let us know.

Moving into Northampton online form

Moving out of Northampton

If you have been paying Council Tax in Northampton and have moved out of the area (or will being moving out in the next 31 days), please complete our moving out online form to tell us.

Moving out of Northampton online form

Moving within Northampton

If you are paying Council Tax in Northampton and will move to another address in Northampton within the next 31 days, where you are also due to pay the Council Tax, please tell us using our moving within Northampton online form.

Moving to a new address within Northampton

If you were are living in Northampton but not responsible for paying the Council Tax (e.g. living with parents) and have moved to an address in the area where you will be responsible for Council Tax, or if you have being paying Council Tax and have moved to an address in Northampton where you will not be due to pay the Council Tax (e.g. moving in with an existing resident), you should e-mail [email protected] with details of your move.

Registering to vote

If you change address, you need to make sure you are on the register of electors at your new home, or you may not be able to vote in the future. It is also a legal requirement to register to vote.

You can register to vote filling in the form below

Register to vote online ( website)

You will be asked to fill in your name, address, date of birth and a few other details.

If you cannot use the online form, please contact the Elections Team and we will be able to help you register:

Elections Team

The Guildhall

St Giles Square



E-mail [email protected]

Tel: 0300 330 7000