How to contact us
Council Tax and benefits enquiries
Our Housing Benefit and Council Tax phone lines will be closed on Wednesdays throughout August because of a high volume of work in the department.
Please email [email protected] if you have an urgent enquiry.
Contact us by phone
Our contact centre is open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
- 0300 330 7000
- 01604 838 970 (text phone)
If you have an emergency outside of normal hours, help is available.
Visit us in person
Our main office is open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
Northampton Borough Council,
Guildhall, St. Giles Square,
Emergency/out of hours
For emergencies only, the number to call is 01604 837 999.
Before you call
Before you contact us out of hours, please be sure that:
- Your problem cannot be dealt with during normal office hours
- That you cannot make temporary arrangements in the meantime
- If you can wait until the morning, please use the online form below.
To help us deal with your call, please remember to:
- Be clear
- Have all the information to hand
- Be prepared to provide a contact number so that we can get back to you
For any problems with car parks, including payment machines, please call 01604 838446