Clinical waste collections
We provide a free clinical waste collection and disposal service for borough residents. We do not offer any commercial clinical waste collection services for businesses (including nursing or residential homes).
Clinical sack collections
Examples of clinical waste include:
- Human or animal tissue
- Blood or other bodily fluids
- Drugs or other pharmaceutical products
- Swabs or dressings
- Waste from infectious disease cases
- Waste from wound infections and other acquired infections
- Human hygiene products from infectious cases and all related soiled surgical dressings
- Swabs and other similar waste
- We can collect syringes, needles or other sharp instruments (to be collected in a yellow sharps bin available from your GP or pharmacist)
- Collection day is currently Tuesdays and Fridays only
Clinical waste that can be put in your normal domestic waste
Other related waste such as plasters, incontinence pads, stoma bags and non-infectious dressings should be double bagged in plastic bags and placed into your black wheelie bin.
You can request larger bins, or additional bags, to accommodate your needs.
To request a larger bin or more bags, please contact us.
Report discarded clinical waste
If you find any form of clinical waste in the town, please report it to us as soon as you can.
You can do this quickly and easily using our online form.