- Bulky waste collection - terms & conditions
Bulky waste collection - terms & conditions
In this section
- How to pay
- Details of how the collections work
- Lists of items we can and cannot collect
Up to 3 items can be collected for a non-refundable fee of £25 (including VAT)*. Payments can be made by:
- Credit or debit card
- Cheque - made payable to Enterprise Managed Services and sent to the following address:
Enterprise Managed Services, Westbridge Depot, St. James Mill Road, Northampton, NN5 5JW
We cannot accept cash or postal orders.
- Items will be collected on the arranged collection day**
- Items must be at the kerbside by 6:30am on the collection day***
- Please empty and clean all goods, otherwise they will not be taken
- Any additional item left with booked items or any items not as described will not be taken
- You must tell us of any changes to the booked items at least 2 working days before collection
- Neither Northampton Borough Council, nor Enterprise shall be liable for any incident, damage or accident, however caused, arising from the exercise of the council, Enterprise or any other organisation working on their behalf, through its officers, workmen or agents, of the rights and obligations hereby granted
- Items collected may be recycled, reused or disposed of at the council's discretion
- * Some items may be counted as 3 items, please see below.
- ** In rare circumstances items may be collected the following day.
- *** Items not at the kerbside will not be collected.
Please check that we can collect your bulky waste as refunds will not be given.
We CAN accept
- Baby cot
- Baby bath
- Bed/bed base
- Bedside cabinet
- Carpet (rolled up)
- Carpet underlay (rolled up)
- Chair - dining room (4 chairs = 1 item)
- Chair - office/arm/rocking etc.
- Chest of drawers
- Coffee table
- Curtain rails/blinds
- Dressing table
- Exercise bike
- Fire (gas/electric, portable)
- Garden bench
- Garden swing (dismantled)
- Garden table
- Heater (gas/electric/portable)
- Lawnmower (electric or manual)
- Mattress (single/double)
- Rowing machine
- Settee/sofa bed
- Shelving unit
- Slide (dismantled)
- Snooker table (not full size)
- Standard lamp
- Step ladders
- Stereo (including speakers)
- Trolley (excluding shopping trolley)
- Vacuum cleaner
- VCR/DVD player
- Water butt
We CAN'T accept
- Anything containing asbestos
- Agas/kitchen ranges
- Aerials/satellite dishes
- Bagged garden waste
- Bathroom suites/sanitary ware
- Commercial fridges/freezers
- Fence panels
- Garage doors
- Garden ponds
- Gas bottles/canisters
- Glass objects or mirrors
- Kitchen sinks/units
- Petrol lawnmowers
- Pieces of wood/rubble/stone
- Pieces of piping
- Water tanks
This list is not exhaustive. Please contact us if you are unsure whether we will collect a specific item.
Collection of larger items
Some larger items may require a separate collection - this is provided at no extra charge.
These items include:
- Computer monitors
- Fridges and fridge-freezers
- Tumble dryers
- Washing machines
Breaking down bigger items
Some items will be classed as 3 items even if they are part of a bigger item.
Example: disposing of an entire bed (mattress, bed base and headboard) would be classed as 3 items.