Volunteering can make a real difference to the lives of local people. You can also make new friends, be part of your community, learn new skills and hobbies and put your existing skills to good use.
A variety of volunteering opportunities exist in Northampton.
Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire (VIN) is the lead agency supporting formal volunteering in the borough. VIN is a registered charity and provides support, advice and information to other charities, voluntary organisations and community groups. VIN is often the first point of contact for any person looking for volunteering opportunities in the borough.
The borough council also provides opportunities to become involved in a variety of ways:
- Befriending or mentoring citizens in need
- Helping providing services, such as litter picks, park and open space improvements
- Assisting with delivery of community projects
- Administration support, such as distribution and design of marketing materials, and mail outs
- Community website / newsletter content management
Find the latest opportunities on the Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire website.