Victoria Park is situated within a mile of the town centre in the St James district of Victoria Park. A quiet retreat from the busy roads around it, this open space covers about 16 acres.
Half of the park was gifted to the town by the Earl Spencer in 1898, which makes it the second oldest designated park in Northampton.
The other 8 acres were purchased from the Earl in 1910 and 1911.
In 2007 the park was upgraded as part of a major regeneration project. New play equipment, lighting, landscaping, footpaths, park furniture and Youth facilities have all given Victoria Park a new lease of life.