Register for a Citizens Account
Guide to registering for a Citizens Account
What you need before you register for a Citizens Account
- A valid, accessible email address (for private customers, this should be your own email address);
- The reference numbers of any Council Tax, benefits or housing services you want to be able to view the details of online.
The following guides contain step-by-step instructions for setting up your Citizens Account and adding services to it.
- Download the step-by-step guide to registering for a Citizens Account (PDF format, 1504KB)
- Download the step-by-step guide to registering for a Citizens Account (Word format, 1719KB)
Sign up process
Clicking the link below will take you to the initial start screen for Citizens Account.
On the far left is a link for 'register'; this will launch the registration process. The step-by-step guide and onscreen advice will help you complete the process.
If you have other issues with your Citizens Account, you can
- Check our Citizens Account frequently asked questions page
- Download the 'common problems with your Citizens Account' PDF (443KB) or in Word format (116KB)
- Email us to request assistance with a specific issue (please include your Citizens Account user name and the reference for the service you are enquiring about (i.e. your Council Tax account number, your benefit claim reference number, your rent account number, etc.)